Missing Kids UK is a website run by the Missing Children Team, part of CEOP Command within the National Crime Agency.
What is our role?
The Missing Children Team is a specialist unit providing advice and support to UK law enforcement and other partners in relation to missing children issues. We work closely with the UK Missing Persons Bureau (also based within the NCA) to:
- Provide tactical advice and support to UK law enforcement in cases where children go missing or have been abducted, in the UK and abroad
- Support and promote the use of the Child Rescue Alert system to quickly and safely recover high risk missing children
- Identify and disseminate good practice, nationally and internationally
- Deliver training and guidance to police and partners regarding missing children
- Improve knowledge and practice relating to missing children
The Missing Children Team are part of the Global Missing Children Network maintaining strong relations with international contacts and work with the International Child Abduction Contact Unit (ICACU) to locate foreign national children involved in parental abductions to the UK.
We do not take reports of missing children from members of the public. These should be reported to your local police station. For further advice see Advice for parents and guardians.
National organisations working in this area...
Voluntary sector organisations
- Children's Society
- Missing People
- Railway Children
- Safe at Last
- Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO)
- National Crime Agency (NCA)
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Scottish Government
- Welsh Assembly